Happy New Year everybody! First things first – I am declaring 2017 the Year of Fun because 2016 just was not fun enough to my liking. Let’s not forget we only get one life…
Let’s do a quick recap of why 2016 wasn’t my happiest year:
20% politics, terrorism and war – basically the year the world lost the plot
5% loss of great artists
75% unbloggable personal crap
However there were some highs that I blogged about:
Going to Ibiza , it was so nice and so much fun!
My best friend also had a second baby, one of my great friends got married, another is pregnant, all my girlfriends seem to be doing well, which is great but 2016 was lacking in fabulous, amazing moments. There were some lovely moments but could do better basically! I wanted to end 2016 on a high so yesterday, cheeks and I went for lunch at The Hoxton, one of my favourite places in London:
I wore my AMAZING new shoes from Air and Grace, which make me happy
Anyway 2016 is over! So here are my 17 goals/resolutions/hopes for 2017:
17 Things I’m going to aim to do/achieve in 2017 (it’s a very varied list!)
- Listen to more live music (lots of different genres) anybody want to be my concert buddy?!
- Have a girls night out at least once a month
- Go back to Ibiza
- Sort my hair out without becoming too mumsy
- Go clubbing in Berlin with my friend M
- Be more stylish
- Do something really out of my comfort zone – not sure what yet!
- Regain confidence, I lost some in 2016, need to get it back!
- Keep the blog going and make it better and get more out of it
- Reduce meat and dairy consumption by a third (have a veggie hello fresh box one week a month)
- Go to reformer pilates at least 4 times a month
- Get a subscription to Vanity Fair and the Economist
- Speak to Arabella in French 95% of the time
- Feel more goosebumps
- Cry more tears of joy
- Have more “this is amazing” moments
- Spend New Years Even 2017 thinking back on what an amazing year 2017 was, ideally on a beach or a ski slopeAnd here are some pictures to remember the good times of 2016:
And here is one to set the tone of 2017: