On Sunday night, I watched the “Happy Movie” (http://www.thehappymovie.com/), it was a really positive movie with some interesting scientific facts thrown in (some people are genetically less predisposed to happiness – unfortunate for them!). It made me think about what makes me happy and what would make me happier. I recently wrote a post about winning the lottery, for me the main advantage to becoming a millionaire would be to be able to make others happy, indeed winning the lottery won’t make me happier – this is actually a scientific fact “As people earn more money, their day-to-day happiness rises. Until you hit $75,000. After that, it is just more stuff, with no gain in happiness.”. What would definitely make me happy would be to make my closest friends and family financially secure and to be able to spend time with them by going on amazing holidays!
The plan is reflect on the week every Friday and remind myself of some happy moments in the past week. So here goes:
- Arabella getting her second tooth this week, this means that hopefully the crazy night teething will pause for a few days! Its also really cute to see her with 2 bottom teeth.
- Eating a delicious lunch at Shake Shack with my best friend and our babies
- My brother is working at my sister’s company for the summer and he got an email thanking him from a customer on his third day at work, that made me really happy
- Monday was a really happy day, my sister came to visit us and its so nice to see how excited she was to see and play with Arabella
- Arabella wearing her first hair clip – so cute!
So this week, a lot of the happy moments came from family and friends, not material things (well except a cheap hairclip). Some THING that is going to make me happy is the Chipotle Burrito my husband will bring back tonight for dinner!
Have a happy weekend everybody!