So let’s be honest, having a baby is far from easy (even though some people seem to make it look/sound easy, I’m pretty sure these are the same people who “never revised” for exams but always got good grades…) and sometimes a mum’s gotta do what a mum’s gotta do to survive! I’m not proud of this list of 10 naughty things I’ve done as a mum but I hope it makes some of you feel better! Some of these are funny, some sad and some not really that bad …
- Said “I’m fine” when clearly I wasn’t and didn’t understand what on earth I was supposed to be “enjoying” about motherhood – I’ll admit it I hated most of the first month but that’s OK, especially when you’re dealing with tongue tie
- Put the baby down for a nap “awake but drowsy”, I.e. Crying, get in the shower and then pray that once I turn the water off, the crying will have stopped – thankfully we are finally past this stage
- Told my newborn to shut up in the middle of the night – again see above
- Relied heavily on “buggy naps” – definitely still happens especially in the afternoon
- Not washed my hair for nearly a week – thankfully this doesn’t happen anymore, definitely need a hair cut though
- Pretend I didn’t have time to cook so we can have a takeaway for dinner – this still happens but my husband doesn’t read my blog!
- Spend far too much time on my phone rather than get down on the floor and play with my daughter – need to work on this one
- Eat chocolate every day – see above
- Put the iPad in front of my 7 month old during breakfast so I can drink my tea in peace – have now discovered CBeebies and it’s even better!
- Give me my baby McFlurry as her first taste of food – she loved it of course!
What would your list be? Has anybody else done any of these?
Linking up with Honest Mum’s #brilliantblogposts
2 thoughts on “10 Naughty Things I Have Done Since Becoming A Mum (and some I still do!)”
I have done absolutely every one of these. So glad I’m not the only one 😆 x
Me too! There are clearly plenty of “naughty” mums out there!
LikeLiked by 1 person