I’m currently on holiday with my mum and A at the Almyra hotel in Cyprus (I will write a proper review soon, definitely recommended for a family holiday!) , we’re leaving in 2 days and boy did I need this break from “reality”. In the meantime here are some thoughts I’ve been having during our time away:
- I had forgotten how eating outside is one of life’s great pleasures and so is reading a great book in peace by a pool
- It is so relaxing to always be WARM, never having to worry if it’s going to rain or get cold
- Life is full of simple pleasures that we don’t get to make the most of in London such as listening to the sound of the sea, slowing down, not rushing anywhere, not being anywhere crowded and catching your 18 month old toddler as she jumps in the pool with no fear because she saw the bigger children do it
- Talking of toddlers, who knew you could spend half an hour emptying a pool with a bucket?! And how exciting sand and little waves can be
- People from Essex and Russia are the friendliest we’ve met here, they both love a bit of bling and a nice chat it turns out!
- Aperol Spritz is one of the best drinks in the world
- I was surprised how it took me a few days to really disconnect and “slow down”, London life has a ridiculous pace, it can’t be healthy.
- People may judge me but putting A in the kids club on a few mornings made a massive difference as we could use the quiet adult only pool and properly switch off (toddlers, pools and switching off are a match made in A&E)
- A good trick for keeping toddlers occupied in a high chair is to give them a cup of hot chocolate and a tea spoon
- Food poisoning on holiday really sucks but makes up for all those “treats” a little bit…
- The majority of little girls at the hotel have names finishing in “a” : Bella, Georgia, Amelia, Ella, Jemima etc (pot calling the kettle black I know…)
- Always do your research, we met a middle aged couple, who hasn’t realised it was half term and who hadnet realised in was such a family friendly hotel, needless to say they quickly found the adult only pool
- The man lying on the sunbed in front of me has a seriously hot body
Back to reality soon!